Sunday, October 12, 2008

“Ana tahban!”-"I am tired!"

Am not coming to work today. I am tired.” How many of us have the luxury to say this and how many times? But I heard this at least three times today.

The carpenter, the plumber and an electrician were all scheduled to come to my house today for various repair jobs, jobs that had been pending since Ramadan. When they did not turn up at the designated time, I called each of them and surprisingly was told by all three that they could not make it today as they were tired!! Tired?? And maybe, I am tired of trying to get competent people to come and do the maintenance work at my house!


And I had thought that my woes would last only till Eid-after which all the jobs pending in my house could get completed. Now I understand that my wait may be a bit longer – I will probably have to wait for the effects of the Eid celebrations to wear offJ


You know a friend told me recently that she had read somewhere that Egyptians are the fourth happiest people in the world. Now I believe it! They really take no stress!

No comments: